Ferguson Transport (Spean Bridge) Ltd
Ferguson Transport & Shipping is a family run business established in 1959 and have been operating for 60 years. We are one of the largest independent logistics companies in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland with strategically located operational centres throughout the UK. We work closely with large multi-national blue-chip companies as well as small to medium size clientele within the following industries:
- General Haulage
- Biosecure WMS waste management solutions
Operating 24 hours a day 365 days a year to provide:
- Multimodal transport nationwide
- Modern commercial road haulage and distribution methods
- Well appointed premises covering vehicle maintenance and inspection operations in-house
- Operating around the UK coastline, in particular the West coast of Scotland including the Western and Northern Isles (St Kilda and Ireland)
- Actively working from our own Port facilities at Kishorn, as well as Kyle of Lochalsh, Mallaig, Corpach, Oban, Tarbert, Loch Fyne, Ardrishaig, Campbeltown and Fairlie
- Vessels available for private hire to accommodate long term, short term and one-off / ad-hoc contracts
- Warehousing and storage amenities, quayside warehousing – Kishorn, Corpach and Mallaig
- Mobile container lifts for container tanks – up to 40 foot containers
- Cranage, including heavy lifting 65 tonne crane
- Health and Safety standards and quality assurance with SQAS and FIAS Accreditation
- Members of the British Safety Council – ISO 9001:2015 certified since 2017
- Committed to reducing the company carbon footprint
- Onsite training facility for both in-house and external staff training
- Investors in People accredited since 1997
- Kishorn Port & Dry Dock
Ferguson Shipping (Kishorn Port) Ltd
Seafreight – With some types of goods that we transport, integrating road and seafreight is the most efficient method.
General Freight – We load ships with our truck mounted mobile cranes as well as the Liebherr 934 dock shiploader. The ships then take it to the port closest to the end user. This is a far more economical logistical solution than sending by road freight, particularly for Forest Products.
Aquaculture – We have a regular fish food delivery service on the West Coast of Scotland from as far South as Arran – Mull – Loch Linnhe, as far West as Loch Hourn – Skye – Uist – Lewis – Harris and as far North as the Shetland Isles.
Vessels in the Fleet range from 100 tonne to 600 tonne complete with onboard cranes to load and self discharge. We also have available 29 tonne hydraulic cranes, 2.5 – 11 tonne fork trucks and a tele-handler with shovel. Storage and Warehousing is also available. There are six vessels in operation view more here
Rail Transport – In March 2011, Ferguson Transport rolled out a liveried fleet of rail swapbodies. This came after a successful 18 months of various trials working closely with WH Malcolm in Grangemouth. The swapbodies carry a variety of products such as aluminium and sawn timber from Fort William to Grangemouth by road, and then by train to the South of England.