Leiths (Scotland) Ltd
Leiths is one of the largest independent construction materials producers in Scotland. It operates 14 Quarries, 7 Asphalt Plants and 9 Concrete Plants throughout Scotland and produces a wide range of construction materials for use in the civil engineering and construction industries. The Group also has interests in recycling, construction and surfacing, demolition, road planning and marking, precast concrete and industrial fillers. Their Head Offices are located in Aberdeen with over 600 staff serving the construction industry across Scotland.
Plant and Machinery
With an extensive fleet of mobile crushing and screening units, Leiths cater for all production requirements. The mobility and diversity of the plant permits quick set up times to meet customer requirements.
Production outputs of 1,500t / day to date of high quality aggregates used in concrete, asphalt and surface dressing operations can be achieved. More general products used in civil engineering projects such as Crusher Runs, Type 1 Sub base, Drainage Media and Gabion Rock can be produced at significantly higher outputs.
Due to the very nature of mobile plant Leiths can deploy additional items on site to increase productivity as required:
- On site quarry in operation with concrete batching facility
- Extensive reserves of good quality Torridonian sandstone
- Experienced in servicing major pre-casting contract – Raasay Ferry Terminal
- Large pre-casting yard and lay down areas available
- Potential to export by sea over deep water loading facility
- UKAS accredited laboratories
- Available 365 days a year, long term contract or short term ad hoc business – no order too large or too small